Friday, January 2, 2009

P.O.D casting


Wondered many a times what a pod cast was.Now realized it as Personal On Demand casting.I went to itunes and browsed their site. I don't think podcasts are so reliable for information on health, kids etc etc. Who even knows who if the person is giving reliable material.Well for gossip and entertainment they are mighty useful.Coming to news podcasts, with radio in the car and the news channels repeating the news through out the day I don't think news podcasts are useful.
The idea of having tv series and other shows downloaded to be watched at our convinience, the cable provides the option of recording the programme and playing it at ones leisure so why pay for the downloads.
I found this podcast called "listening to the library lady". It caught my attention because this kind of podcast is like creating an audio version of the book as the librarian reads the book for the customers to listen to.Initially i felt it appealing as we can create audio for books not available on cd. The main constraint is the time to do so and hence I decided this as impossible.

As of what I feel untill this point I am not convinced of the uses of podcasting.I will keep probing this feature until I learn more about this feature and change my opinion, maybe.

No comments: